Vancouver Community College bursaries are non-repayable grants given to students who demonstrate financial need.
WHEN: Applications are open in the spring (early March) and Fall (early October).
HOW: You can submit applications through myVCC by going to Financial Aid > Award Application > Continuing Studies Bursary.
WHO: Students must be current domestic Continuing Studies students with good academic standing and valid SIN numbers.
- Having received a bursary before does not disqualify a person from receiving one again this year/term. Subsequent bursaries may be of a lower amount.
- All fields that contain an asterisk (*) in the online application are required and must be completed. Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Students must submit any additional supporting documentation as required before the submission deadline.
- In general, amounts awarded do not exceed $250 per person except for courses with tuition over $1,000.
- The amount awarded and number of recipients depends on fund availability.
Student Scholarships and Awards
The following Continuing Studies programs offer scholarships and awards for their students that are presented at either the Spring ceremony (June) or Fall ceremony (December). For details on each, please contact the program directly.
- Applied Leadership
- Building Manager
- Fashion Design & Production
- Fashion Merchandising
Please visit VCC’s Financial Aid page for more details on VCC Awards and Scholarships.
In addition, Rick Hansen Foundation Accessibility Certification™ (RHFAC) Training offers tuition grants to cover the costs of tuition. The grants are available to students who are residents of BC and are attending the course at Vancouver Community College or are a Canadian resident with a disability. Apply online for the tuition grant.
The following Continuing Studies programs are eligible for student loans through StudentAid BC. Get more information or apply online at www.studentaidbc.ca.
- Early Childhood Care and Education Certificate
- Fashion Design & Production Diploma
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Certificate
Please note: the Financial Aid Program for Part-time Studies is only applicable to students enrolled in full time programs and is not available to students studying part-time in the evenings.
Please visit VCC’s Financial Aid page for more details on StudentAid BC: student loans and grants.
If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at