Required fields are indicated by .

Navigating the student portal


If you have a specific question that is not answered on our website, please contact the Continuing Studies office for assistance.

If enrollment is closed and the course will be starting on the same day, you may call the Continuing Studies office at 604.443.8484 to register over the phone if seats are still available.

Late registrations may be accepted in some circumstances if the course has already begun. Please contact the appropriate program area to find out if your course is available for late registration.

Most of our in-person courses are held at the VCC Downtown Campus at 250 West Pender Street, which is located two blocks from the Stadium-Chinatown Skytrain Station. Some courses may be offsite or at our Broadway campus (located at 1155 East Broadway), as indicated on our website.

Online courses are mainly delivered through Zoom and/or Moodle. Instructors will send an email with more information a few business days prior to the start of class. Please contact us if you have not received anything 1-2 days prior to the course start date.

You can find your room number on your course schedule within your student portal, or on campus when you arrive for class. Room numbers are published on the electronic message board above the Continuing Studies Registration Office on the 2nd floor of the VCC Downtown campus (room 203).

Certain courses may require textbooks and other supplies. Please check the VCC Bookstore website for further information or refer to the directions provided by your instructor.

Refund and transfer requests for a course must be made at least 3 full days prior to the start date. An original receipt must accompany all refund requests. If the original receipt is not available, the request must be received in writing. Please note all refunds and transfers are subject to a $35 administration fee.

Note: international students in cohort programs are recommended to discuss with their Program Coordinator regarding their intention to drop courses or withdraw from their program. All international cohort students must then follow the withdrawal process as outlined on the VCC International Education website.

Temporary Residents, which includes international students, work permit holders, and visitors, can register in the short-term individual courses and programs offered through the Continuing Studies department. Before registering, please review the information on the VCC International Education website to determine your eligibility.

You can receive a student card by visiting the Continuing Studies registration office during business hours. You must be currently registered in a course, and you will need to bring one piece of government issued photo ID for verification.

If you are unable to come to campus, please fill in a Student ID Request Form and send it to along with one piece of government issued photo ID and a picture of yourself that we can use to print onto your student card. We recommend taking the photo in front of a white or plain wall. Your student card will then be processed within 10 business days.

Note: there is no fee for your first VCC student ID card, however any replacement ID cards will have a fee of $20.

Currently, only Continuing Studies students in the following programs qualify to participate in the U-Pass program:

  • Early Childhood Care & Education (full-time)
  • Fashion Design & Production
  • Network Technology Administration & Security Post-Degree Diploma
  • Optician Diploma

Students are charged the U-Pass fees on a semester basis dependent on the number of months where in-person classes are scheduled. Students in part-time, evening programs/courses will no longer be required to pay the U-Pass fee, nor will they be eligible to participate in the program.

T2202 forms will be made available online at between late-February and early-March of the following taxation year. Please note, however, that not all courses can be issued a T2202. Courses are evaluated based on a set of criteria which determines whether they are eligible to receive a tax credit or not.

Note: your Social Insurance Number (SIN) must be included in your student record for a T2202 tax form to be issued.

A credit course is one that has credits attached to it that can be applied to a VCC credential, such as a certificate or diploma. A non-credit course does not have credits attached to it and cannot be used towards a VCC credential.

If you have any questions or concerns, please reach out to us at

Tel: .