Explore wedding planning and event operations. Learn the skills for successful events including management, budgeting, logistics, and food and beverage.
What you will learn
Upon successful completion of this program, graduates will be able to:
- Describe the event management industry and the variety of events typically included in this sector
- Explain how event managers work with vendors and clients to create a food and beverage strategy
- Describe how budgets and contracts that reflect a client's requirements are produced, negotiated, and managed
- Create an event design based on a defined event's vision, goals, and objectives
- Define HR processes with respect to managing and supervising staff and volunteers
- Explain best practices to reduce financial, safety, and reputational risks of an event
- Outline how schedules and contingency plans that reflect a client's requirements are produced
What to expect
Classes may be offered face-to-face, fully online, or through a blended delivery model, by instructors who are working in a field related to the course content.
Instruction will emphasize practical skill and knowledge development through interactive and collaborative learning activities.
- Interest in the event industry and the needs of clients
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English
- Ability to work with confidence independently or on a team in a high stress or fast-paced environment
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Ability to conduct themselves in a responsible and professional manner
- Willingness to share experiences and reflect on past actions as part of the learning process
- Ability to adapt to changing situations and formulate contingency plans
- Basic technology skills (e.g., use of Word and Excel)
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
Need help with tuition?
Explore your options for scholarships, grants, bursaries, and loans.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.