Learn the professional administrative support skills needed to start or upgrade your career in a legal office environment.
What you will learn
- Business English including grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Composition of business documents including letters, emails, and reports
- Supervisory management principles
- Decision making, communication, and leadership skills
- Technological skills including keyboarding
- Legal terminology and legal office procedures
- Principles of civil litigation, conveyancing, corporate law, and family law
- Basic accounting, payroll, or bookkeeping
- Presentation skills
- Organizational skills
- Interpersonal skills
What to expect
- Lectures, presentations, discussions, practical examples
- Individual and group work
- Interactive and collaborative classroom activities
- Case studies
- Assignments, projects, presentations
- Quizzes, tests
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older and a graduate of a secondary school or equivalent.
Missing prerequisites? Learn more about VCC's tuition-free in academic upgrading, university transfer or English as a Second Language (ESL) Courses.
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
Need help with tuition?
Explore your options for scholarships, grants, bursaries, and loans.
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.