Learn the broad range of skills needed to professionally manage weddings and events including logistics, marketing, décor, and cultural traditions.
We are excited to be renewing the Wedding and Event Management Certificate. The new program will launch in 2023.
If you are a current student in the Wedding and Event Management certificate, please reach out to email@example.com to address your individual program completion needs.
For new students, there are still individual wedding and event courses available for registration here.
What you will learn
- Leadership and communication skills
- Logistics for local and destination weddings and events
- Themes, cultures, traditions, and protocols
- Marketing strategies and planning
- Public relations and social media
- Pricing and product distribution
- Vendor and supplier contract negotiation
- Food and beverage requirements
- Décor, flowers, hair and makeup
- Photographers and entertainment
- Business, financial, and legal documents
- Contingency planning
- Ethics, professionalism, and workplace standards
- Business mathematics and event costing
What to expect
- Lectures and demonstrations
- Group activities
- Individual and group projects
- Field trips
- Practical assignments
- Theory and/or practical exams
Vancouver Community College is a post-secondary institution committed to educating adult learners. Applicants should be 18 years of age or older, or a secondary school graduate.
- Willingness and ability to reflect on their own practice
- Ability to apply a concept (idea/vision) to an application (event)
- Analytical skills
- Ability to conduct research and apply findings to specific projects
- Familiarity with business English
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfortable planning and working independently
- Able to adapt to changing situations and formulate contingency plans
Fees and other costs
|Fee description||Fee Amount||Notes|
* Fees are approximate and subject to change with the approval of VCC's Board of Governors. Students are required to pay any applicable fee increases. Application and assessment fees are non-refundable.
Any refunds are issued according to VCC's refund policy.